7 Easy Ways to Live More Sustainably
It’s always a great time to recommit ourselves to a hopeful future and greater sustainability.
Learn about our Greener Hospitality Initiatives here.
And check out this quick list of seven easy things you can do to start living a more sustainable life.
- Eat less meat. The meat industry is one of the largest contributors to climate change. Enjoying a more plant-based diet is more environmentally friendly and can be healthier for you, too!
- Use cloth napkins and towels/rags to clean, instead of paper, and look for more environmentally friendly cleansers.
- If you can, take the stairs instead of the elevator. You’ll save energy and get a little bonus cardio, too.
- Turn off your computer when you’re done using it for the day. It still uses energy when it’s asleep or on standby.
- Spend more time outside. In addition to the mind/body benefits of fresh air and vitamin D-rich sunshine, you’ll be saving energy — just be sure to turn off the lights and turn down the heat/ac on the way out the door!
- Buy less “fast fashion.” Instead of buying lots of cheaper clothes that wear out after a season, invest in a few durable pieces that you know you’ll love for years. Also avoid any “out-there” styles that are trendy now, but are likely to be completely “unwearable” next year.
- Don’t accept or use plastic utensils. Get in the habit of carrying your own set in your purse, bag, or briefcase — wrapped in a cloth napkin, of course.
Interested in learning more about sustainable living?
Check out these two retreats: