Other than personal information, the company shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to us onto third parties and to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in those communications for any purpose whatsoever. Such communications include, but are not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like.
Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa provides this Privacy Notice, because we at Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa care about your privacy.
1. What Information Do We Gather?
The information you provide helps us to know and serve you better, which is part of our mission to “completely delight and satisfy our guests”. The information we gather includes:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. The provision of any information by you is voluntary except where otherwise stated. However, when you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as reserving a room or any other products we may offer, responding to your requests, customizing our services to your preferences and communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means. We also use such information for statistical purposes, though these statistics will not identify you personally.
• Personal Data You Provided on Behalf of Another Person: If you are entering data on behalf of another person, you warrant to us that you are authorized by that person to enter their personal data onto our system, and that that information is accurate and correct. If any non-compliance by you with respect to this provision results in any loss or damage being incurred by us, you may be required to compensate us with respect of such loss.
• Automatic Information: We receive and may evaluate certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses www.honorshaven.com including your IP address, browser type and operating system. This information helps us to understand our customers but does not identify you personally and will not be stored with any other information we have obtained from you.
• E-mail Communications: If you provide us with your email address, we may email you promotional and marketing materials. We provide you with the option not to receive such promotional and marketing materials in each email sent to you. If you stay with us as a guest, we may also use your email address to send you a Guest Satisfaction Survey after your stay. If you do not wish to receive a survey, you may notify us by contacting our Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com. You will, however, receive an auto-generated e-mail confirmation when making a reservation on the Internet for stays with us, and occasionally from our reservation sales agents for inquiries related to a booking you have made for any of our services and products.
• Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our services (for example, providing recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to your existing information. We will not, however, share your existing information with any third parties except where this is necessary to provide you with services or offers on our behalf.
Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our websites whom we actually know to be a child under the age of 16.
Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa may collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 16 as part of the guest registration process, but always with the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
2. What About Cookies?
Some websites store information in a small text file, called a “cookie,” on your hard drive and so does www.honorshaven.com.
Cookies contain information about you and your preferences. For example, if you inquire about rates and availability, the site might create a cookie that contains the details you entered. Or it might only contain a record of which pages within the site you visited, to help the site customize the view for you the next time you visit.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. For example, the site cannot determine your e-mail address or name unless you choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
3. Does Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our guests is important for us in order to provide you maximum comfort and a pleasant experience whilst staying in our hotel. We may therefore share information amongst ourselves, with any third party service providers engaged by us who help manage your data and communicate news and promotions to you, but we will not sell, rent or give away any such information to third parties. Your data will be treated in strict confidence and will only be retained for so long as it is necessary or required by law. Such data will be destroyed once its requirement is extinct or you request it.
We may provide your information to third parties for the purpose of processing that information strictly on our behalf. In such circumstances, the third party processors may not use the information for any purpose except such processing and may not, for example, provide it to any other person or use it for marketing unless the Company directs them to do so.
4. How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts information you input and which is certified by the Secure Server Certification Authority.
• We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a reservation. We do, however, transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for verification.
5. What Can I Do If I Have any Questions or Concerns?
Our Data Privacy Officer will be happy to answer any concerns or queries you may have relating to the use or storage of your personal data. You have the right to access such data and to require a correction to any data which is incorrect. Our Data Privacy Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa; 1195 Arrowhead Road, Ellenville NY USA.